The best job sites for finding work at home job postings aren't necessarily the sites that focus on work at home jobs. Many of those sites, unfortunately, do little more than solicit your money. And remember, the first rule of work from home job hunting is never to pay.
Jobs that promise you oodles of money with little investment of time and no experience aren't legitimate. Legitimate work at home jobs are going to require that you have skills relevant to the position. Many jobs require skills like writing, graphic design, programming or web design, for example. If you don't have any experience in the field(s) you are interested in, it's going to be difficult to find an employer willing to hire you. Most employers who are willing to hire someone to work from home want workers who can work independently and get the job done with little guidance.
Check these sites and set up job search agents to have new postings sent to you via email. There are typically a tremendous number of applicants for each position and you will want to be among the first to apply.
Here are some good sites to check regularly for work at home listings:
Company Job Sites
There are lists of the companies that are known to be "telecommuting friendly" and most of these employers list jobs on the web. Check the company web sites for current openings:
WAHS Company List
Telecommuting Employers
Work at Home Job Sites
craigslist
This site is a perennial favorite. There's nothing fancy or significantly searchable. Just a simple list of "real" jobs. Search for freelance positions by entering "freelance" as a keyword in the search box on the front page of the site. Otherwise, click on the city that interests you and review the list of job openings.
Media Bistro
If you are looking for a media position, here's a good place to start. Register (free) to access the job postings, then search using "freelance" as a keyword.
MMM (Money Making Mommy)
Scroll down past the ads for a lengthy list of work at home job postings in a variety of fields.
Sunoasis Jobs
Writing, editing, copywriting, PR, and other positions.
The Top Job Sites
Monster, CareerBuilder, Yahoo! Hot Jobs and the other top job sites all contain work at home job listings. It takes some work just to weed through the postings, but, they are there. Search using keywords like "freelance" "telecommute" "work from home" and "work at home" as well as by the type of work you are interested in. Carefully review the listings you find, because you will find scams can slip through the cracks and get posted on even the best sites.
Writer's Weekly
Writer's Weekly has an excellent selection of freelance writing jobs, articles, a discussion newsletter and a free weekly jobs newsletter.
Work at Home Jobs
More work at home job sites, how to find work at home jobs, how to avoid scams and more information on working from home.
Finally, please take the time to research every job lead you find and every site you visit carefully. Even sites that purport to be impartial sometimes aren't. I just visited a site that supposedly had general information on telecommuting. They recommended their top sites, all of which happened to be affiliated indirectly with the first site and all of which charged a fee.
Welcome
If you like me, have a child or children and want to stay home with them to be a good mother. However it is not that easy, as we need to support our families, but it is so hard to find a legitimate job where you can earn a honest living.
Over the next few days I will be compiling a list of some of the best work at home jobs that you I hope will be of help.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with others.
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(16)
-
▼
April
(15)
- Money Making Online Businesses Don't Just Happen
- The Process Of Thinking And Home Based Business Work
- What Is A Home-Based Business
- Home-Based Business Top Ten Considerations
- Home-Based Business Top Ten Considerations
- Bookkeeping From Home - Make Money At Home Doing B...
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Make Money Surveys - Why You Should Get Involved
- How To Start An Internet Business
- How to Find Work From Home Jobs
- Checklist for Starting a Business
- Choosing a Product or Service to Sell
- The Sweet Success of a Chocolate Business
- Start Your Own Coffeehouse
- Work-From-Home Tips
-
▼
April
(15)
17 comments:
Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading
it, you could be a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will come back very soon.
I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great work,
have a nice morning!
Review my homepage Pure Raspberry Ketone
Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and
wished to mention that I have truly enjoyed surfing around
your weblog posts. After all I'll be subscribing to your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!
Look at my web site ... Dark Spots on Skin
Fine way of explaining, and pleasant post to get facts about
my presentation topic, which i am going to convey in institution of higher education.
Also visit my blog ... Viarex
Thankfulness to my father who shared with me on the topic of
this webpage, this weblog is in fact amazing.
Check out my webpage ... Buy SlimBerry
Does your website have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd like to shoot
you an email. I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.
My blog post ... Muscle Building Supplement
Hi there would you mind letting me know which
web host you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a reasonable price?
Cheers, I appreciate it!
Feel free to visit my blog; Hard Knight Review
my page - http://hardknightreviews.net
Ridiculous story there. What occurred after? Good luck!
Also visit my web-site :: http://auraviereview.net/
I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's
a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me
to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create
your theme? Excellent work!
Also visit my blog :: Forever FLawless Reviews
Thanks for every other excellent post. The place else may anybody get that
type of information in such an ideal manner of writing?
I've a presentation subsequent week, and I am at the look for such info.
Also visit my homepage - http://lifecellreview.net
Hi there! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the great work!
Feel free to surf to my blog: Acheter MitoslimLes régimes Mitoslim
I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog.
Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to
see a nice blog like this one nowadays.
Visit my homepage ... Mito Slim Diet
whoah this blog is fantastic i love studying your articles.
Keep up the good work! You realize, a lot of persons are hunting round for this information, you could help them greatly.
Check out my website: homecashsuccess.net
Also see my site - Home Cash Success Kit
Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long
comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm
not writing all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say superb blog!
Here is my site; openrpg.wrathof.com
If you are going for finest contents like I do, simply go to see
this website daily since it offers quality contents, thanks
My web site ... Green Coffee Diet
I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a very
easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more
often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
Exceptional work!
Here is my blog Pure Raspberry ketone
Heya this is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know
if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
my homepage: visit the following web site
e cigarette, electronic cigarette, e cig forum, smokeless cigarettes, e cigarette forum, e cigarettes
Post a Comment